Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
If you made a Benefit Choice change that requires supporting documentation, please remember to provide your documents by the deadline!
If you made any of the following changes during the Benefit Choice period, then you must submit supporting documentation by the dates listed below or your changes will be cancelled.
1. June 10, 2020 - Documentation deadline, if you:
- Added a dependent(s) to your State health/dental/vision insurance coverage or
- Opted out of State health/dental/vision insurance coverage.
- Note: Any documentation received after June 1, 2020, may result in a delay of receiving your ID cards.
2. June 30, 2020 - Documentation deadline, if you:
- Added or increased your State Optional Life coverage or added Spouse Life coverage.
What Kind of Documents and How do I Submit Them?
Documentation for the changes listed in number one (1) above must be uploaded at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov (preferred) or mailed to MyBenefits. See the Dependent Documentation Requirements for more information. View the MyBenefits FAQs for help submitting your documentation. If you are unable to upload your documentation to MyBenefits, mail paper copies to:
MyBenefits Service Center
134 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
Changes listed in number two (2) above require you to complete a Statement of Health form. Mail the completed form to Securian Financial (formerly Minnesota Life) at the address on the form.
For help submitting documentation, contact the MyBenefits Service Center. Bilingual customer service representatives are available.
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
You may also contact University Payroll & Benefits (UPB):