Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
The annual Benefit Choice period for State benefit-eligible employees begins on May 1, 2017. Benefit Choice is your annual opportunity to make changes to your State benefits, effective July 1, 2017.
Remember, if you want to make any changes to your State benefit plans, then you will use the CMS MyBenefits Marketplace website https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov. You will not use NESSIE to make State benefit changes.
The State announced that there will be no changes to the benefit plans or full-time employee premiums beginning July 1. Below are changes that may impact you depending on your plan elections:
- Quality Care Health Plan (QCHP) Carrier Change: Aetna will become the carrier for the QCHP effective July 1, 2017. The State has indicated that the network contains 98% of the same providers and facilities as the current Cigna network. If you elect to enroll or continue your enrollment in the QCHP, you will receive a new Aetna insurance card after Benefit Choice ends.
- Coventry OAP and Coventry HMO Name Change: The Coventry OAP and Coventry HMO are now Aetna OAP and Aetna HMO, respectively, due to the company’s acquisition. If you elect to enroll or continue your enrollment in these plans, you will receive a new Aetna-branded insurance card after Benefit Choice ends.
- Part-Time Health Insurance Rates: As in every year, rates for part-time employees (50% - 99%) will change consistent with changes to the State-paid portion of annual premiums.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Re-Enrollment: As in past years, if you participate in the FSA (MCAP/DCAP) you must re-enroll during Benefit Choice to continue participating. In previous years, CMS has sent a reminder via postal mail. CMS will not be sending a letter this year.
- Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) Annual Limit: The annual limit for contributions to the MCAP will increase from $2,550.00 to $2,600.00.
Please note, the State of Illinois Benefit Choice booklet will carry a disclaimer, indicating that the health plan options are subject to change pending the final resolution of the state’s collective bargaining and litigation process, and that if the outcome results in significant changes in plan designs, benefit levels, or premiums, then a second Benefit Choice Period may be held later in the year.
For questions about State of Illinois benefits, contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center:
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For other questions, contact University Payroll and Benefits: