Reminder: The new state benefits enrollment system, “MyBenefits Marketplace,” will be live September 30, 2016 at www.MyBenefits.illinois.gov. Watch for the CMS letter to arrive soon via postal mail, which contains your new CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN) that you will use to access the new system. If you lose your EIN, you can retrieve it through a self-authentication process on MyBenefits Marketplace.
The MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center will also be available beginning September 30, 2016. You will be able to contact the Service Center with questions about logging in, resetting your password, and details of your personal enrollment in state benefit plans.
Systems Unavailable September 23-September 29, 2016
State benefits enrollment and changes will be unavailable in NESSIE, UI New Hire, and MyBenefits Marketplace from September 23-September 29. During this period, contact University Payroll and Benefits (UPB) for assistance.
What do I Need to Do Right Now?
Most employees do not need to do anything right now. However, below are some common actions that will be different beginning September 30:
- You will use MyBenefits Marketplace to enroll in or make changes to state insurance benefits when experiencing a qualifying event and during the annual Benefit Choice period in May. State insurance benefits are: health, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending account (MCAP/DCAP) plans.
- You will upload, fax or mail any required documentation on qualifying events or enrollment to MyBenefits Marketplace. See contact information below.
- You can still access MyBenefits Marketplace via NESSIE and/or UI New Hire, but will use your new CMS-issued logon and password instead of your University Net ID and password.
- Paper forms will no longer be used for any enrollment in or changes to state benefit plans. If you do not have computer access, contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center for assistance.
Beginning September 30, 2016 contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center for assistance with your state benefit plans. Bilingual customer service representatives are available.
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday
- Fax: 844-676-1725
- Mailing Address: PO Box 467846, Atlanta, GA 31146
For questions about university plans or benefit counseling, contact University Payroll and Benefits (UPB):