April 30, 2015
To: Benefits-Eligible Faculty and Staff
From: James P. Davito, Executive Director, University Payroll and Benefits (UPB)
The State Department of Central Management Services (CMS) has announced that the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Benefit Choice enrollment period begins May 1 and will end on June 1, 2015. The FY 2016 plan year begins on July 1, 2015 and ends on June 30, 2016.
Beginning on May 1, 2015, Benefit Choice NESSIE will be available with the following reference materials and forms to assist in making changes.
- Benefit Choice Options booklet
- CMS 8-page flyer
- Detailed information about the benefit changes effective July 1, 2015
- Online Enrollment for Benefit Choice (Please do not use the forms on the CMS website)
- MCAP and DCAP online forms and instructions (Please do not use the forms on the CMS website)
- Benefit Choice Information Session schedules
During the Benefit Choice period employees may use NESSIE to:
- Change their State health and life coverage
- Opt into the State’s group insurance health plan
- Opt out of the State group health insurance plan with proof of non-state health coverage
- Opt into or opt out of the State dental plan
- Part-time employees may waive or elect coverage
- Employees may also add or drop dependents. (documentation is required when adding dependents)
- Opt out and dependent documentation should be faxed to 217-244-3135 on or before June 11.
- Enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Re-enrollment is not automatic, so you must re-enroll in DCAP and or MCAP to continue your pre-tax savings.
- Your enrollment in DCAP and or MCAP for FY 2016 is for the period of July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016.
- The plan administrator will remain as ConnectYourCare (CYC).
- If you do not want to change health, dental, life or dependent coverage, your current elections will continue.
Benefit Choice Changes:
CMS mailed an 8-page flyer to employees’ home addresses outlining the Benefit Choice changes. Members should carefully review all information in the flyer. Some of those changes are listed below.
- No carrier changes for health, dental and vision plans.
- Open Access Plan (OAP) changes: Combined OAP Tier I and Tier II out-of-pocket maximum (individual) will increase to $6,600 and the out-of-pocket maximum (family) will increase to $13,200.
- Pharmacy benefits for the Quality Care Health Plan, Coventry OAP and HealthLink OAP will change to CVS/Caremark.
- MCAP annual plan limit will increase to $2,550.
- Insurance premiums will not change on July 1, 2015 for full-time employees. The employer portions of the insurance premiums are expected to increase; therefore, part time employees’ health and dental costs are likely to increase. Part-time employee rates are not yet available and will be posted on NESSIE as soon as they are released.
Primary Care Physician (PCP) Leaves the Network:
Effective July 1, 2015, when an HMO member's primary care physician (PCP) leaves the plan's network, the member will only be allowed to change health plans if the network experienced a significant change in the number of medical providers offered, as determined by CMS.
Dependent Eligibility Verification Audit (DEVA):
CMS has tentatively scheduled the DEVA audit for fall 2015. Please take a moment to review your current dependent coverage during the Benefit Choice period and remove any ineligible dependents. This can be done without providing documentation during the Benefit Choice period.
Federal Healthcare Reform:
As a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), prescription deductibles and copayments paid by members will apply toward the out-of-pocket maximum. Once the maximum has been met, medical, behavioral health and prescription drug charges will be covered at 100 percent for the remainder of the plan year.
If you have questions, please review the information on NESSIE prior to contacting University Payroll and Benefits.
- Benefits Mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urbana: 217-333-3111
- Chicago: 312-996-6471
- Springfield: 217-206-7144 or 217-206-7211
- Documentation Fax Number: 217-244-3135