The new plan year for State benefits (health/vision, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending accounts) starts on July 1, 2021. If you made any changes during Benefit Choice, you should have received a mailing from CMS at your home address confirming your Benefit Choice elections. Any changes you made will be in effect tomorrow.
Due to the increase in premium costs for fiscal year 2022, you will notice higher monthly health and dental plan deductions on your earnings statements beginning in July. The new monthly contribution costs for each health plan are outlined on page three (3) and dental plan costs can be viewed on page twelve (12) of the Benefit Choice Booklet. Health plan changes for full-time faculty and staff will range from $9 to $15 per month, depending on your salary and health plan chosen. Dependent coverage costs will also have increases that vary depending on the plan.
How Do I Verify My State Benefit Elections and Payroll Deductions?
Verify that your elections and payroll deductions are correct by viewing:
- Your personal benefit information and your benefit elections at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov/.
- Remember, your MyBenefits login and password are not your UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or other University logins and passwords. For help registering or logging in, see MyBenefits FAQs.
- Your payroll deductions on your Earnings Statement.
What if Something Looks Wrong – Who Do I Contact?
If you notice incorrect personal information (including your address or phone number), go to My UI Info to update your information in My Profile. Any updated information should be reflected on MyBenefits within two (2) weeks.
If you notice incorrect deductions or benefit elections, contact University Payroll & Benefits as soon as possible.
University Payroll & Benefits has worked very closely with CMS to ensure the accuracy of University of Illinois data in MyBenefits. While we don’t anticipate any problems, it is a good idea to confirm that everything looks as expected.
For questions about State of Illinois benefits, contact the MyBenefits Service Center. Bilingual customer service representatives are available.
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For other questions, contact University Payroll & Benefits:
- Create a service ticket: UPB Service Portal
- Urbana: 217-265-6363
- Chicago: 312-996-7200
- Springfield: 217-206-7144