Department: Director’s Office
Internship Title: Administrative Public Health Internship
The student will gain experience in public health, policy and administration; developing a strong understanding of public health challenges and opportunities to eliminate health disparities, advance health equity, and reduce silos to improve collaborations and effectiveness. At the completion of this internship, the student will have gained extensive experience in and understanding of public health. Internship is unpaid and can be for course credit or work experience.
Position duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with university health departments and public health entities coordinating campaigns and events to promote health equity
- Compiling internal lists including directories, board and commission appointees, committees
- Creating 1-pagers of shared services, programs and other IDPH initiatives
- Creating a calendar of key public health events, days to coordinate and promote across the agency and with our partners
- Assisting with workforce wellness initiatives including the annual awards ceremony, employee recognition activities
- Assisting with identifying workforce training options
- Designing promotional materials and assisting with campaigns to promote wellness
- Assisting with identifying and categorizing directives, policies and procedures
- Assisting with strategic planning initiatives and tracking
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
- Enthusiasm for community engagement and public health initiatives.
- 10-20 hours per week
- Remote position, with possible on-site needs in Springfield
Click to Apply