Department: Medical Services
Internship Title: Research Intern - COVID-19 Therapeutics Pilot Program
IDPH is offering an exciting internship opportunity for a motivated individual to join our research team as a Research Intern focusing on a pilot program evaluating COVID-19 therapeutics in Long-Term Care facilities for the Spring 2024 semester. As an intern, you will play a key role in assisting with the analysis and documentation of findings and preparing the results for publication. Moreover, successful contributions to the project may lead to authorship on the publication, providing a unique opportunity to showcase your research capabilities. Internship is unpaid and can be for course credit or work experience.
- Data Analysis Support:
- Assist in the analysis of data collected during the pilot program, employing statistical and analytical techniques.
- Collaborate with the research team to draw meaningful insights from the data.
- Write-Up Preparation:
- Contribute to the preparation of a comprehensive and well-documented write-up of the pilot program's methodology, results, and conclusions.
- Engage in drafting sections of the manuscript under the guidance of senior researchers.
- Literature Review:
- Conduct literature reviews to support the contextualization of the pilot program within existing research and scientific knowledge.
- Summarize relevant findings to enhance the background of the publication.
- Collaborative Research Environment:
- Work closely with experienced researchers and healthcare professionals in a collaborative and dynamic team setting.
- Participate in team meetings, providing updates on progress and receiving constructive feedback.
- Authorship Recognition:
- Make substantial contributions to the research project, leading to authorship on the publication.
- Gain valuable experience in the publication process and academic research dissemination.
- Currently enrolled in a relevant academic program (preferably in health sciences, epidemiology, or a related field).
- Strong interest in research, particularly in the field of COVID-19 therapeutics and long-term care.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis and research methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- 10-20 hours per week.
- Remote position.
Click to Apply