Department: Community Outreach
Internship Title: Community Public Health Outreach Intern
IDPH is offering a rewarding internship opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Community Public Health Outreach Intern for the Spring 2024 semester. In this role, you will provide valuable support to the Manager of Community Public Health Outreach, contributing to the planning and execution of community outreach and engagement initiatives across the state. This internship will also involve collaborating on the preparation and execution of the Illinois Department of Public Health's (IDPH) involvement in the 2024 Illinois State Fairs in both Springfield and Du Quoin. Internship is unpaid and can be for course credit or work experience.
- Community Outreach Support:
- Assist in the planning and execution of community outreach and engagement opportunities throughout the state.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement effective strategies to reach diverse communities.
- Program Outreach Materials:
- Solicit program outreach materials from various departments within the agency.
- Organize and maintain a repository of outreach materials for use in community initiatives.
- Event Planning and Execution:
- Work closely with the Manager to prepare, plan for, and execute IDPH's participation in the 2024 Illinois State Fairs.
- Contribute to logistical arrangements, coordination of materials, and on-site support during events.
- Collaborative Team Environment:
- Engage in regular communication with the outreach team to ensure seamless coordination of initiatives.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute ideas to enhance outreach effectiveness.
- Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Undertake additional duties as assigned, providing flexibility to support various aspects of community outreach.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Public Health, Community Health, Community Development, or Health Communications.
- In Chicago or able to travel to Chicago for a hybrid position
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
- Enthusiasm for community engagement and public health initiatives.
- 10 hours per week
Click to Apply