2. Follow the photo requirements
Your picture should look like a passport photo and meet all of the conditions listed in this section.
The background and your body
- Stand in front of a plain, smooth, light-colored background.
- Make sure there aren't other objects or persons in the photo.
- Capture only from the top of your hair (with a little clear space above it) to your collarbone.
- Position yourself in the center of the photo frame.
Your body and face
- Face the camera straight.
- Keep your eyes open, and make sure your face is in focus.
- Avoid unnatural lighting, glare, and shadows across your face.
- No sunglasses, head coverings, or hats.
- No silly poses, facial expressions, or filters.
- Your photo must reflect your current appearance, taken within the last six months.
The photo file
- Cannot be larger than 500KB.
- Cannot exceed 1000 pixels in each dimension.
- Must be a full color JPEG (.jpg) file.
- Cannot be a photo of a photo.