Defeat the Debt Monster is a Digital Scavenger Hunt on GooseChase.
Students across the University of Illinois System are needed to Defeat the Debt Monster between October 1 – October 29 for a chance to win one of three $25 gift cards.
How to Participate
- Download the GooseChase iPhone or Android app.
- Register for an account.
Use your NETID or school email address as your login name
- Search for the appropriate game for your University from the games page in the app.
Urbana-Champaign = "Defeat the Debt Monster at Illinois"
Chicago = "Defeat the Debt Monster at UIC"
Springfield = "Defeat the Debt Monster at UIS"
- Join the game & start completing missions!
How to Win
Participants will be awarded points ranging from 400-1000 for each completed mission. Bonus points will be awarded for verifiable missions. The winner for each University scavenger hunt must earn the highest amount of points. In the event of a tie, additional bonus points will be awarded for creativity based on the opinions of the Student Money Management Center (SMMC) team.
SMMC will post updates on facebook, twitter & instagram about who is in the lead each week.
Tips for winning:
- Make sure to use your NETID or school email address as your login name
- Complete all 26 missions for your University’s UISAVES GooseChase
- Ensure all verifiable missions have been completed accurately to get bonus points
- Use creativity when completing missions to get bonus points if there is a tie
In order to qualify for the prizes, the student must
- Use their NETID or school email address as their login name
- Be enrolled at least part time at the University associated with the game that they completed
- Be a US Citizen