Updated Workshop Request Policy
The University of Illinois System Student Money Management Center (SMMC) facilitates workshops by request on a variety of financial topics.
Requirements for workshop requests:
- Requests must be made a minimimum of 1 month in advance
- 25 participants must be guaranteed or registered for the event
- A pre-survey of your target audience is required before the event
- If there are less than 25 registrants 48 hours prior to the event, SMMC cannot facilitate the event
- Departments, units, or student groups requesting workshops must advertise the event
- Evaluations will be collected at the end of the event
Advertising Note: We have the most success when our partners use their “trusted messenger” status to encourage student participation in financial education. You can do this by promoting these events through social media, email listservs or flyers in your space(s). Your relationships with students are important for encouraging participation in events.
Once the event is confirmed by SMMC staff, a general survey will be shared for distribution to your target audience and marketing descriptions will be provided based on the workshop selected.
Request a Workshop
Below is a list of SMMC's pre-packaged workshops by category.
- Good Credit Game
- Student Loan Repayment
- Save Money While Commuting
- Setting Goals & Saving Money (Kahoot)
- Budgeting 101
- Cash at College: Spending, Saving, and Student Loans (Kahoot)