The Office of the Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Comptroller announces an open comment period for Policy 7.6 The University Purchasing Card (P-Card) from August 18 to August 24, 2023. This policy removes the prohibition on having credit cards on file, increases the single transaction limit from $5,000 to $7,500, the credit limit has increased from $25,000 to $35,000, and certain items from have been renamed or moved from Prohibited Purchases to Restricted Purchases.
- Departments can now purchase minimal fuel for work equipment (e.g., boats, tractors, etc.) using a p-card.
- Utilities are now exempt from the House Accounts prohibition.
- Lab Animals has been renamed Live Animals
- Drugs and Pharmaceuticals has been renamed Prescription Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Cellphone monthly service, labor and/or installation services, tuition fees for employees and students, and uniforms have been moved from Prohibited to Restricted Purchases.
- If you have questions about the updates to policy, please contact the CFO Business and Finance Policy Office at email@example.com.