The new plan year for State benefits (health/vision, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending accounts) started on July 1, and any changes you made during Benefit Choice are now in effect. You should have received a mailing from CMS at your home address confirming your Benefit Choice elections. If you have not already done so, now is a great time to verify your benefit elections and payroll deductions.
How Do I Verify My Benefit Elections and Payroll Deductions?
Verify that your State benefit elections and payroll deductions are correct by viewing:
- Your personal benefit information to verify your benefit elections and personal information at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov/.
- Remember, your MyBenefits login and password are not your UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or other University logins and passwords. For help registering or logging in, see MyBenefits FAQs.
- Your payroll deductions on your Earnings Statement.
- Important Note: The Earnings Statement application uses 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) for added security – if you are off-campus or using a VPN, you will need to have configured 2FA to use the application. See the UI Verify website for help and additional information.
What if Something Looks Wrong – Who Do I Contact?
University Payroll & Benefits has worked very closely with CMS to ensure the accuracy of University of Illinois data in MyBenefits. While we don’t anticipate any problems, it is a good idea to confirm that everything looks as expected.
If you notice incorrect personal information (including your address or phone number), go to My UI Info to update your information in My Profile. The updated information should be reflected on MyBenefits within two (2) weeks.
If you notice incorrect deductions or benefit elections, contact University Payroll & Benefits as soon as possible.
For questions about State of Illinois benefits, contact the MyBenefits Service Center. Bilingual customer service representatives are available.
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For other questions, contact University Payroll & Benefits: