A new academic year is a great time to verify the accuracy of your payroll deductions and benefit elections. This is a general reminder to check your Earnings Statement and CMS MyBenefits.
How Do I Verify My Benefit Elections and Payroll Deductions?
Verify that your State benefit elections and payroll deductions are correct by viewing:
- Your personal benefit information to verify your benefit elections and personal information at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov/. You can also call the MyBenefits Service Center at 844-251-1777.
- Remember, your MyBenefits login and password are not your UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or other University logins and passwords. For help registering or logging in, see MyBenefits FAQs.
- Your payroll deductions on your Earnings Statement.
- Important Note: The Earnings Statement application uses 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) for added security – if you are off-campus or using a VPN, you will need to have configured 2FA to use the application. See the UI Verify website for help and additional information.
What if Something Looks Wrong – Who Do I Contact?
University Payroll and Benefits works very closely with CMS to ensure the accuracy of University of Illinois employees’ data in the state’s MyBenefits system. While we don’t anticipate any problems, it is a good idea to periodically confirm that everything looks as expected.
If you notice incorrect or outdated personal information (including your address or phone number), use the Employee Information Form (EIF) in NESSIE to update your information. The updated information should be reflected on MyBenefits within two (2) weeks.
If you notice incorrect deductions or benefit elections, contact University Payroll and Benefits as soon as possible.
For questions about State of Illinois benefits, contact the MyBenefits Service Center. Bilingual customer service representatives are available.
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For other questions, contact University Payroll and Benefits: