During an unpaid leave, Central Management Services (CMS) mails bills directly to State benefit participants, and bills are to be paid in full to CMS. Failing to pay premium bills can result in your coverage being terminated.
What do I do if my State benefits coverage was terminated?
Per CMS policy, if your coverage was terminated for non-payment of premiums, your employee-only coverage will automatically be restored on the date that you physically return to work.
Dependent coverage will not be reactivated unless you take the following steps within 60 calendar days of your return to work:
- You must pay, in full, any unpaid balance for the coverage that was billed to you by CMS.
- Make a request with MyBenefits, within 60 calendar days of your return to work, to have coverage restored. Contact the MyBenefits Service Center at 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778.
- Provide any required documentation within 60 calendar days of your return to work.
How do I pay my balance?
Call CMS to get your outstanding balance and send your payment to CMS. Contact CMS at 800-442-1300 or 217-558-4783.
Who can I contact with questions?
For questions about payments or unpaid premiums, contact CMS:
- Phone: 800-442-1300 or 217-558-4793
For questions about reinstatement of dependent coverage or required documentation, contact the MyBenefits Service Center:
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday