Your ID card is for official identification. ID photos must meet all of the listed requirements. Once your photo is approved it cannot be changed.
The photo file
- Cannot be a photo of a photo.
- Does not exceed 1000 pixels in each dimension.
- Must be square (height must equal width).
- Must be in full color in JPEG (.jpg) file format.
- Use a well-lit setting and avoid unnatural lighting, glare, and shadows.
- Stand in front of a plain, untextured, solid, light-colored background.
- Make sure there aren't other objects or persons in the photo.
Your body and face
- Face the camera straight-on and centered in the photo frame.
- Capture only from the top of your shoulders to the top of your hair.
- Your eyes must be open and your face must be in focus.
- No sunglasses, head coverings, or hats.
- No silly poses, facial expressions, or filters.
- Your photo must reflect your current appearance, taken within the last six months.