Back to Top
Business and Financial Policies and Procedures

Open Comment Blog

blog navigation

blog posts

  • Open Comment Period: May 21 - June 4, 2020

Comments May 29, 2020 8:49 am

I have a concern with using the Sec of State's link for the Illinois Motorist Form being used to submit the report. It appears that this information will go directly to the Sec of States office, which is not a requirement for accidents involving a University owned vehicle. These reports are submitted (hard copy) to the UIUC Motor Pool, recorded and then forwarded to UI Claims.

By submitting the form online, the driver is essentially reporting to an additional agency and will still need to complete a version for the University.

Additionally, the second para under #3 on Motor Pool vehicles indicates that the report should be submitted to Claims. Current practice in Urbana is that all vehicle reports are submitted to the Motor Pool. The Motor Pool provides additional information and then forwards to Claims.

Lastly, this revised policy requires individuals to submit reports involving a commercial rental vehicle to the Motor Pool. This has not been done in the past as the Motor Pool would have no need for this report.

I'm happy to discuss in detail.

Reply to at 8:49 am May 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Perhaps have the employee notify their HR Director in addition to their supervisor, as the HR Director would be involved if there is a Workers Compensation Claim. 


What happens if the employee is significantly injured and unable to report within the required period of time? 

Reply to at 6:16 pm