The Office of the Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Comptroller announces an open comment period for Policy 7.5 Emergency Purchases from August 15 to August 21, 2023. This policy has added language defining when an emergency contract is deemed awarded and removed the requirement to have the contract in place before services are rendered in emergency situations.
- Emergency contracts will be deemed awarded on the earliest date that:
- A university communicates to a vendor when to start work
- Contract is published on the Illinois Procurement Bulletin identifying the selected vendor
- The contract is signed by both parties
- Requirement to have a contract in place before emergency supplies or services are provided is waived in emergency cases where it becomes important for a transaction to be completed within a certain time.
- If you have questions about the updates to policy, please contact the CFO Business and Finance Policy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.