The Office of the Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Comptroller announces an open comment period for Policy 8.1.1 Business Meals, Refreshments, and Alcohol from Friday, November 17 to Friday, December 8, 2023. This policy update attempts to provide more clarification on this process.
- Added definitions for Business Meals, Food Supplies, Alcohol, Catered Event, and University Function
- Added list of Approved and Non-Approved events for expenditure/reimbursement
- Clarifies that students can attend business meals, catered events, or university functions IF (1) there is an educational component to the event, and (2) a faculty or staff member is present.
- Added language that UIS requires pre-approval prior to serving alcohol
- Lists the allowable funds to utilize for alcohol purchases
- If you have questions about the updates to policy, please contact the CFO Business and Finance Policy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.