The Office of the Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Comptroller announces an open comment period (beginning June 8th and closing June 21st) for a new policy outlining the proper way to process and account for postdoctoral fellowship payments within Banner.
- Definition of postdoctoral fellows and postdoctoral fellowships.
- Ensuring postdoctoral fellows are aware of the applicable implications of receiving a postdoctoral fellowship payment (payment).
- Types of payments (i.e., stipends and non-stipend).
- Ensuring a valid accounting string (i.e., C-FOAP) is used to process payments.
- Using the correct process to initiate the payment, which varies by university.
Please review the proposed changes and provide feedback that will be considered before the new policy is published.
To provide feedback, please use the "Add Comment" link in the bottom right-hand corner of this webpage below. On the next screen, choose the "Sign in with my NetID" option and log in with your university credentials and then provide your comments on the Feedback Board. Please note, comments you submit will not appear immediately on the Feedback Board. Another way to submit comments or feedback without posting to the Feedback Board would be to simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your efforts!