Due to challenges associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, CMS is extending the deadline for submitting documentation for the State of Illinois health insurance audit. If you were identified to participate in this audit, you must submit proof of eligibility of all dependents listed on your audit letter by June 18, 2020.
No Action is Needed if:
- The only dependent(s) you cover is(are) biological or adopted children who were previously verified during the 2015 audit.
- You have not received an audit letter to your home address from HMS. Those who are subject to the audit would have now received two letters.
Take Action - You must respond to this audit if:
- You cover one or more dependents on a State health insurance plan, AND
- You received an audit letter to your home from HMS Employer Solutions (HMS) in early March.
- If you already submitted your documents, you may log on to the HMS site at VerifyOS.com using the reference number from your letter to check the status.
I need to take action, now what?
- When is the audit deadline?
You must provide dependent documentation to HMS by June 18, 2020.
- How do I respond?
Your letter from HMS Employer Solutions (HMS) provides instructions on how to submit your completed verification form and legible copies of required documents. You may submit your documentation to HMS in the following ways:
- Mobile upload via computer or mobile device (including smartphones) at VerifyOS.com (preferred)
- Fax to 877-223-8478
- Mail copies of documents (allow 7-10 days) to HMS, P.O. Box 165308, Irving TX 75016-9923
- You may provide copies of keepsake documents received from the church, courthouse, or hospital as valid documentation of marriage or birth as long as both the member and dependent are listed on the document.
- If you are subject to the audit and do not respond as instructed, your dependents coverage can be terminated effective July 1, 2020. HMS and University Payroll & Benefits will work with you as much as possible, but it is ultimately your responsibility to comply with the State of Illinois audit.
This dependent eligibility audit is being conducted by the Illinois Department of Central Management Services (CMS). CMS requires that all questions be directed to HMS, and not to CMS or the University of Illinois System. If you have questions about the audit or require assistance with documentation, please contact HMS at 855-424-0850