Have you designated or reviewed your beneficiaries for your State of Illinois Life Insurance coverage? We recommend that you periodically review your beneficiary designations for your Securian Financial (Minnesota Life) coverage and make a designation if you haven't already!
What do I need to do?
You can review and/or designate your beneficiaries online or by calling Securian Financial at 888-202-5525 and completing a paper form:
- Online: Go to https://www.lifebenefits.com/. Then, log in using your unique user ID and password. If you do not currently have any beneficiaries on file, your user ID and instructions for retrieving your password have been emailed to you.
- Paper Form: Complete the Beneficiary Designation form and mail it directly to Securian Financial (Minnesota Life) at the address on the top of the form.
Why is a beneficiary important?
Choosing a beneficiary ensures your life insurance benefits will be distributed according to your wishes and speeds up the payment process, in the event of your death. Learn more from Securian about the importance of having beneficiaries on file.
What if I didn’t sign up for life insurance?
As a State benefits-eligible employee you are automatically enrolled in State of Illinois’ basic term life insurance in an amount equal to your annual salary.
See State Group Life Insurance, or contact Securian Financial or University Payroll & Benefits (UPB).
- Securian Financial: 888-202-5525
- UPB Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urbana: 217-265-6363
- Chicago: 312-996-7200
- Springfield: 217-206-7144
Mail completed paper forms to: Securian Financial, 400 Robert St. North, St. Paul, MN 55101