We are delighted to announce the inaugural 2018-19 Academic Professional Leadership Program (APLP) participants. The Steering Committee for APLP reviewed over 80 impressive applications, which made it challenging to select just 20 participants for the inaugural year of the program. Diversity of background and experiences as well as university representation were factors in the selection process. Please join us in congratulating the following individuals who will participate in this year’s program.
- Stephanie Estrada, Institutional Research
- Agnes Herget, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Aginah Muhammad, Council on Teacher Education
- Colleen Piersen, Department of Medicinal Chemistry & Pharmacognosy
- Benjamin Ramirez, Center for Structural Biology
- David Taeyaerts, UIC Learning Environments
- Michael Wesbecher, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs
- Michele Gribbins, Center for Online Learning, Research and Service
- James Koeppe, Campus Recreation
- Lisa Whelpley, Office of Advancement
- Anita Balgopal, Office for the Protection of Human Subjects
- Brian Brauer, Illini Fire Service Institute
- Kim Collins, Disability Resource Education Service
- Jennifer Ehrnthaller, Department of Bioengineering
- Brian Farber, Student Affairs
- Jeffrey Stein, Illinois National History Survey
- David Wilcoxen, Facilities and Services
- Brenda Hixson, OBFS Business Solutions and Support
- Joseph Shroyer, OBFS University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations
- Kathy Sullivan, Institute of Government and Public Affairs
APLP is designed to foster a culture of dynamic and transformational leadership for academic professionals at all levels throughout the University of Illinois System. The program consists of three sessions that will take place in Chicago, Springfield, and Urbana-Champaign.
Thank you to all who participated in the process, either as nominators or as candidates. Based on such strong interest in the program, we plan to host APLP each year going forward, and we strongly encourage the many talented individuals who were not selected this year to apply again in the future.