Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
The State Department of Central Management Services (CMS) has announced that the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Benefit Choice enrollment period will begin May 1 and end May 31, 2018. FY 2019 Benefit Choice elections will be effective July 1, 2018. If you do not want to change health, dental, life or dependent coverage, your current elections will continue. Note: You must enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts each year.
Beginning on May 1, 2018, reference materials will be available on the Benefit Choice web page at https://go.uillinois.edu/BenefitChoice.
- Benefit Choice booklet
- Benefit Choice flyer
Note: Due to a misprint on the Carrier Map in the flyer, please see the map on page 3 of the Benefit Choice Options booklet.
- Benefit Choice Information and Q&A Session schedules
If you wish to make changes you can go to MyBenefits at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov. Changes you can make include:
- Change State health and life coverage
- Opt into the State group health insurance plan
- Opt out of the State group health insurance plan with documentation reflecting proof of non-state health coverage
- Opt into or opt out of the State dental plan
- Part-time employees may waive or elect coverage
- You may also add or drop dependents. (documentation is required when adding dependents)
- Opt out and dependent documentation must be uploaded to MyBenefits on or before June 11, 2018
- Enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Re-enrollment is not automatic! You must re-enroll in Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) and/or Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) to continue your pre-tax savings
- Your enrollment in DCAP and/or MCAP is for the period of July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
- The plan administrator will remain as ConnectYourCare (CYC)
Benefit Choice Changes and Information:
- You will make changes on MyBenefits
- Life Insurance premiums are decreasing. View the rates in the Benefit Choice Booklet at https://go.uillinois.edu/BenefitChoice
- Documentation required for opt out and adding dependents is due by June 11, 2018
- MCAP plan year contribution limit is increasing from $2,600 to $2,650
Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP)
- You MUST re-enroll in MCAP for the new plan year in order to qualify for the rollover provision. Those who do not re-enroll will forfeit any remaining balance that may be eligible for rollover.
- The maximum plan year rollover amount will remain at $500.
- This provision does not apply to DCAP accounts.
- The annual plan contribution limit is increasing to $2,650.
- Eligible expenses must be incurred during the period July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
- You will continue to have until September 30, 2019, to submit claims.
FY 2019 Premiums:
- Full-time employee and dependent premiums will remain the same for this Benefit Choice Period.
- The State paid portions of the health and dental insurance premiums are expected to increase; therefore, part-time employees’ health and dental costs are likely to increase. Part-time rates will be available in MyBenefits on May 1.
You are encouraged to use in-network providers to receive the best health plan benefit. Using out-of-network providers will significantly increase your out-of-pocket medical costs. View “Out-of-Network Providers” communication for further information.
For State of Illinois (CMS) benefits and help with logging in, enrolling or making changes contact the MyBenefits Service Center. You can also make State benefit changes by phone if you do not have computer or Internet access. Bilingual customer representatives are available:
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For University benefits or questions about benefit eligibility, please review the information on the System HR Services website or contact University Payroll and Benefits.