Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
The State Department of Central Management Services (CMS) has announced that the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Benefit Choice enrollment period will begin May 1 and end May 31, 2017. FY 2018 Benefit Choice elections will be effective July 1, 2017. If you do not want to change health, dental, life or dependent coverage, your current elections will continue.
Beginning on May 1, 2017, reference materials will be available on the Benefit Choice web page at https://go.uillinois.edu/BenefitChoice.
- Benefit Choice book
- Benefit Choice brochure
- Benefit Choice Information and Q&A Session schedules
If you wish to make changes you will use MyBenefits Marketplace at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov. Changes you can make include:
- Change State health and life coverage
- Opt into the State group health insurance plan
- Opt out of the State group health insurance plan with documentation reflecting proof of non-state health coverage
- Opt into or opt out of the State dental plan
- Part-time employees may waive or elect coverage
- You may also add or drop dependents. (documentation is required when adding dependents)
- Opt out and dependent documentation must be uploaded to MyBenefits Marketplace on or before June 5, 2017
- Enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Re-enrollment is not automatic! You must re-enroll in Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) and/or Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) to continue your pre-tax savings
- Your enrollment in DCAP and/or MCAP is for the period of July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- The plan administrator will remain as ConnectYourCare (CYC)
Benefit Choice Changes and Information:
- You will make changes on the MyBenefits Marketplace instead of NESSIE
- New Plan Administrator
- The Quality Care Health Plan (QCHP) formerly administered by Cigna will transition to Aetna.
- Plan Administrator Name Change
- Coventry HMO and Coventry OAP are now Aetna HMO and Aetna OAP, respectively, due to the company’s acquisition.
- Documentation required for opt out and adding dependents is due by June 5, 2017
- MCAP plan year contribution limit is increasing from $2,550 to $2,600
Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP)
- You MUST re-enroll in MCAP for the new plan year in order to qualify for the rollover provision. Those who do not re-enroll will forfeit any remaining balance that may be eligible for rollover.
- The maximum plan year rollover amount will remain at $500.
- This provision does not apply to DCAP accounts.
- The annual plan contribution limit is increasing to $2,600.
- Eligible expenses must be incurred during the period July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
- You will continue to have until September 30, 2018, to submit claims.
FY 2018 Premiums:
- Full-time employee and dependent premiums will remain the same for this Benefit Choice Period.
- The State paid portions of the health and dental insurance premiums are expected to increase; therefore, part-time employees’ health and dental costs are likely to increase. Part-time rates will be available as soon as the State paid portions have been finalized.
- Please note, the State of Illinois Benefit Choice booklet will carry a disclaimer, indicating that the health plan options are subject to change pending the final resolution of the state’s collective bargaining and litigation process, and that if the outcome results in significant changes in plan designs, benefit levels, or premiums, then a second Benefit Choice Period may be held later.
You are encouraged to use in-network providers to receive the best health plan benefit. Using out-of-network providers will significantly increase your out-of-pocket medical costs. View “Out-of-Network Providers” communication for further information.
For State of Illinois (CMS) benefits and help with logging in, enrolling or making changes contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center. You can also make State benefit changes by phone if you do not have computer or Internet access. Bilingual customer representatives are available:
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours During the Month of May: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For University benefits or questions about benefit eligibility, please review the information on NESSIE or contact University Payroll and Benefits.