Now is the time to familiarize yourself with the CMS MyBenefits Marketplace! You will need to use the state’s new benefits website during Benefit Choice or when you experience a Qualifying Event. Find information below to guide you through your initial login, standard logins thereafter, setting up your email, tips for using MyBenefits Marketplace to prepare for Benefit Choice, and submitting documentation.
You are encouraged to login, review your personal information on the new website, and enter your email address for state benefits alerts.
Initial Login (Registration)
- Go to MyBenefits Marketplace at MyBenefits.illinois.gov and click Login (upper right of screen)
- Look for the small text "Logging in for the first time? Register" and click Register (lower right of screen)
- Answer the Self Registration questions
- Create your unique secure password and click Continue
- Click View login ID to view your CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN) and save this number for future logins! Click Continue
- Create your challenge questions (to be used if you forget your password)
- Accept the CMS disclaimer
Standard Login Instructions
Once you complete the registration, you will use your Login ID (CMS-issued EIN) and password to access MyBenefits Marketplace at MyBenefits.illinois.gov going forward. Your University UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or any other University logins and passwords cannot be used.
Go to the Your Benefits box and then select View All to see your personal details (i.e., dependents, pre- & post-tax costs). While uncommon, if you find any incorrect information, please call the MyBenefits Marketplace call center at 844-251-1777 for assistance.
Set Up Your Email
- You are encouraged to provide a preferred email address to receive important reminders from CMS via email rather than postal mail about:
- Benefit Choice
- Follow-up on qualifying events
- Outstanding documentation needs
- Once logged in, go to the Your Benefits box, click on Self-Service Tools and select Update my email
- Enter your email address(es) and click Save.
Tips for using MyBenefits Marketplace
- To login, use your CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN), or click "register" for the first time process for quick access to make benefit elections or changes. See login information above for assistance. Your University UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or any other University logins and passwords cannot be used.
- Access MyBenefits Marketplace to enroll in or make changes to state insurance benefits during the annual Benefit Choice period in May or any time outside of the Benefit Choice period if you experience a Qualifying Event (e.g., having a baby, getting married or divorced).
- Use MyBenefits Marketplace to access state insurance benefits: health, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending accounts (MCAP/DCAP). Other benefit plans can still be found in NESSIE.
- If you are a new hire enrolling in benefits for the first time, or if you are making changes due to a qualifying event, you may only submit your benefit plan elections once.
- After enrolling or requesting a Qualifying Event change (e.g., birth of a baby, marriage or divorce) you must submit the required documentation by either uploading the document(s), as one combined file, at MyBenefits.illinois.gov OR by mailing a paper copy to the address listed below.
- Combine documents such as marriage certificate, birth certificate or hospital birth record into one file by scanning them into a PDF (other allowable file types: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP or TIFF) and upload the combined document as described below.
- Login at MyBenefits.illinois.gov, go to the Your Benefits box, select Self-Service Tools, then Upload Required Documents and follow the instructions listed.
- Please note that paper forms are no longer available for enrollment in or changes to state benefit plans. If you do not have computer access, contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center for assistance at the numbers listed below.
- Login at MyBenefits.illinois.gov, review your personal information and enter your email address to receive state benefit alerts.
See the Frequently Asked Questions at https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/benefits/mybenefits_faq.
For assistance with your state benefit plans (health, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending accounts) contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center. Bilingual customer service representatives are available.
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
- Mailing Address: PO Box 467846, Atlanta, GA 31146
For questions about university plans or benefit counseling, contact University Payroll and Benefits.