Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
The State Department of Central Management Services (CMS) has announced that the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Benefit Choice enrollment period will begin May 1 and end June 1, 2021.
CMS is offering Virtual Benefit Choice Fairs throughout the month of May. See the last page of the Benefit Choice Booklet for the dates, times, and a link to attend a session (registration is not required). Benefit Choice Booklets were mailed to employees’ home addresses the week of April 19th. We encourage you to carefully consider the available options to choose the plan that best fits both your health and financial needs.
If you do not want to change health, dental, life or dependent coverage, your current elections will continue. Note: You must enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts each year.
Benefit Choice FY 2022 Changes
- Premiums for Health and Dental
- Employee and dependent cost will increase.
- Health plan premiums will be based on your annual salary as of March 1, 2021, and the health plan you select during this Benefit Choice Period. See pages 3 and 12 of the Benefit Choice Booklet for premium information.
- Dental Only Coverage available beginning July 1, 2021.
- New Open Access Plan (OAP), administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- View Benefit Choice Booklet for copayment and deductible changes.
- HealthLink network access will continue in Missouri, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and Wisconsin. For network access outside of that area, contact HealthLink at 800-624-2356.
- Behavioral Health for the Quality Care Health Plan (QCHP) and the Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) will now be administered by Aetna.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will be administered by ComPsych.
- Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) There is no maximum dollar amount for the rollover of unused FY2021 funds into FY2022 with FY2022 re-enrollment.
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) FY2022 contribution limit is $5,250. Rollover of all unused FY2021 funds into FY2022 is allowed with FY2022 re-enrollment.
- State Life Insurance will move to a new adminstrator. More information coming.
Make changes on MyBenefits at https://MyBenefits.illinois.gov.
Benefit Choice is your one chance per year (unless you experience a qualifying event) to make the following changes:
- Change State health and life insurance coverage
- Opt into the State group health insurance plan
- Opt out of the State group health insurance plan with documentation reflecting proof of non-state health coverage
- Opt into or opt out of the State dental plan
- Part-time employees may waive or elect coverage
- Add or drop dependents. (documentation is required when adding dependents)
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Health Savings Account (HSA) employee contribution as a companion to Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP). You may not enroll in both an HSA and MCAP.
- Enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Re-enrollment is not automatic! You must re-enroll in Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) and/or Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) to continue your pre-tax savings
- Your enrollment in DCAP and/or MCAP is for the period of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022
Resources and Assistance
Reference materials including the Benefit Choice booklet are available on the Benefit Choice web page at https://go.uillinois.edu/BenefitChoice.
- Access CMS COVID-19 Benefits Resources for information on how CMS is working to support individuals who have been directly or indirectly affected by COVID-19.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers free, confidential telephone counseling to faculty and staff. Contact ComPsych 24/7 at 833-955-3400 beginning July 1, 2021.
For State of Illinois (CMS) benefits and help with logging in, enrolling, or making changes, contact the MyBenefits Service Center. You can also make State benefit changes by phone if you do not have computer or Internet access. Bilingual customer representatives are available:
- Phone: 844-251-1777 or TDD/TTY 844-251-1778
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday
For other benefits or questions about benefit eligibility, please review the information on the System HR Services website or contact University Payroll & Benefits.