If you participate in the Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), here are some important reminders as we approach the end of the current plan year, ending on June 30, 2016.
Important MCAP Reminders:
- Expenses must be incurred during the plan year July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016 to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement claims for medical expenses incurred during this plan year can be submitted through the end of the run-out-period, September 30, 2016.
Will you have any unused MCAP balance?
- If you re-enroll for the next plan year, then you qualify for the rollover benefit. The rollover allows up to $500 remaining after September 30, 2016 to be rolled over to the next plan year’s MCAP account. Any amounts over $500 will be forfeited, per IRS regulations.
- If you DO NOT re-enroll for the next plan year, then any balance remaining after September 30, 2016 will be forfeited, per IRS regulations.
- Remember, this rollover provision replaced the former grace period. If you need to re-enroll, use NESSIE’s Benefit Choice “Make Changes Now” form to submit your enrollment.
See MCAP in NESSIE or contact University Payroll and Benefits (UPB).
- Email: email@example.com
- Urbana: 217-333-3111
- Chicago: 312-996-6471
- Springfield: 217-206-7144 or 217-206-7211