We are delighted to announce the selected participants for the 2021 Professional Staff Leadership Academy (PSLA), formerly called the Academic Professional Leadership Program (APLP). As a reminder, APLP was redesigned this year to include both academic professional and civil service staff so we changed the name to reflect that.
The PSLA Steering Committee reviewed nearly 100 applications this year, making it a very competitive process and a challenge to select just 20 participants. Please join us in congratulating the following individuals who will participate in this year’s program.
- Margaret Browne Huntt, Cancer Center at Illinois
- Kara Johnson, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science & Technology
- Julia Nucci Kelly, Krannert Art Museum
- Moises Orozco Villicaña, School of Information Sciences
- James Quisenberry, Student Affairs Technology
- Brian Rogers, Sponsored Programs Administration
- Jen-chien Yu, Main Library Administration
- Loretta Foote Casey, College of Education
- Lunaire Ford, Office of Graduate Recruitment and Diversity
- Viviana Kabbabe-Thompson, College of Applied Health Sciences
- Joseph Kearney, John Marshall Law School
- Dale Rush, College of Pharmacy
- Charese Smith, College of Nursing
- Uma Sriram, College of Medicine, Rockford
- Nancy Tartt, Office of the Vice Chancellor of Health Affairs
- Melisa Hatch, UIS Human Resources
- Rhyann Morris, College of Education & Human Services
- John Laroe, University Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Renee Nagy, Office of Planning & Budgeting
- Ben Taylor, Office of the Vice President for Economic Development & Innovation
PSLA is designed to foster a culture of dynamic and transformational leadership for academic professional and civil service staff at all levels throughout the University of Illinois System. The program consists of four sessions that will take place in Springfield, Chicago, Urbana-Champaign, and Allerton Park & Retreat Center, Monticello.
Thank you to all who participated in the process this year. Based on two highly successful years, we have decided to make PSLA an annually hosted system-wide leadership program. We strongly encourage the many talented individuals who were not selected this year to apply again in the future.
Barbara J. Wilson, Executive Vice President & Vice President for Academic Affairs
Jami Painter, Associate Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
University of Illinois System