Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
Ensure your life insurance benefits are distributed according to your wishes by designating or reviewing your beneficiary designations for your State of Illinois Life Insurance coverage.
What do I need to do?
You can designate, review, and/or update your beneficiaries online at https://www.metlife.com/stateofillinois/
- Select the View/Change Beneficiary button
- Select Register to perform the one-time registration process or Login if you are already registered
- For your protection, you may be asked to verify your identity before you can access your account
- Select My Accounts or View My Accounts, then select Add or Update Beneficiary
- Select Group Life Insurance
- On the Life Coverage Summary screen, select Beneficiaries or Add/Update Life Beneficiaries
- Select Next after adding or updating your beneficiaries
- Review info for accuracy, then select Next
- Check the “I acknowledge . . “ box and in the Password box, enter your Date of Birth (DOB) as YYYYMMDD, then Submit
- Print your Beneficiary Designation form for your records
A paper form is available if online access is not available. Complete the Beneficiary Designation form and mail it directly to MetLife at the address on page 4 of the form.
Why should I review my beneficiary designations?
An annual review of your beneficiary designations ensures your life insurance benefits will be distributed according to your wishes and speeds up the payment process, in the event of your death.
See State Group Life Insurance, or contact MetLife or University Payroll & Benefits (UPB).
- MetLife: 800-880-6394, 711 (TDD/TTY) – dial 4 for Beneficiary Designation
- Create a service ticket: UPB Service Portal